White rabbit! I cannot believe is March 1st. already. I am enjoying my time with my parents in town, spoiling Matias and helping me around. I even had time to do some shopping with my mom. Breastfeeding changed my body, and with that, changed my outfit. My clothes pre-pregnancy were quite fitted and sadly not the best or practical for feeding a baby. Luckily I found some loose shirt and dresses on sale.
Matias is growing so fast. He is already 6 weeks tomorrow, and he is growing his double chin. Gavin and I have been parenting for a month and a half, and already we had learned so much. Motherhood is such an especial role, that no right words can't describe it. I have so many things to share with you all about me being a mother for the first time. But today I wanted to share 5 things that I have learned from this short period of having our little joy with us. These are just my own thoughts and probably other mothers have more things to share, so feel free to share them with me in the comments. I would love to learn more from my fellow mothers and fathers.
FIVE THINGS I LEARNED ABOUT MOTHERHOOD:
1. Your baby will need you more than anything. I never realized how much your baby would actually depend on you. Every single time baby is crying, you will worry and wonder was is wrong.Your baby will want to spend every minute, every second with you, and you will have to be there for him/her. Your baby will want you on the moments when you are the most busy, like hanging the clothes to dry, or getting out of the shower with the hair wet, or just when you but your head down on the pillow.
2. Sleeping will be a thing of the past. Or showering, or putting make up on, or anything that it isn't important as your baby. Before Matias arrived I used to take naps while pregnant to accumulate sleep that I wouldn't have once baby arrives. Also, putting make up or drying my hair is so hard to do when having to take care of a baby that needs you 24/7 (see #1)
3. Any free time that you had is for nap time or for eating. Once you finally got the chance to make the baby sleep, the first thing you should do is stuff your belly. If you are breastfeeding like me, you will be hungry every hour. And it is also very important that you eat, so you can produce good milk for your sweet angel. Once your belly is full, definitely you should get some snooze time before your baby wakes up hungry for more milk.
4. This will be the most humble time you will ever be in your life. You will be happy to receive any help that any one can offer you. From holding the door for you at the elevator, to cooking dinner. You will realize you cannot do it by yourself and it is totally ok to ask for help.
5. You will love like you have never loved before and all the sleepless nights, the painful breasts, and the dark circles under your eyes will be worth it. These little angels will give you so much love, and will fill your heart so much that you will love them and worry about them every single second of your life.
These are just my own thoughts and probably other mothers have more things to share, so feel free to share them with me in the comments. I would love to learn more from my fellow mothers and fathers.